Congratulations Haberdashery!!!



My most favorite store in Spokane (actually my most favorite just about anywhere) has won 1st place in the Arts and Crafts Shopping category in the ZBest of Spokane contest! Congratulations to Brenda, the shop’s wonderful owner!
Haberdashery is the cross-stitcher’s cross-stitch store for those of us in the Inland Northwest. Brenda has a large selection of patterns; just about any floss or thread you can think of; a huge selection of linens and other fabrics; needles, notions, frames; everything for the passionate needlewoman. If she doesn’t have it, all you have to do is ask and she’ll order it for you. The store’s walls are lined with beautiful cross-stitches. She has cases filled with gorgeous examples of pillows, needlecases, pin cushions etc. In the back of the store she has a huge table set up for friends to come stitch around. She also offers classes on finishing and special projects.
On top of all this, she has designed her own line of cross-stitch patterns. Although most of the patterns are “not what I’m into”, a new pattern she came out with this year has really peaked my interest. It’s pictured above. Every piece is stitched over one (something I’m a huge fan of) and is just so lovely. When I’m finished with current projects I plan to stitch it.
I love Haberdashery and try to support it whenever I can. I believe it is so important, especially in this tough economy, to support worthy local businesses like Haberdashery. So, if you’re in the area stop by and check out my “home away from home”. I’ve also linked to Brenda’s website on the right side of this page. Go Haberdashery!!!

No comments: